The Wayne County Clerks Office is located inside the Wayne County Courthouse at 301 E Main Street in Fairfield, Illinois.
The Wayne County Clerk, located in Fairfield, Illinois, is the official keeper of public records for Wayne County. The Clerk’s office ensures that public records are retained, archived, and made accessible to the public in accordance with all laws and regulations. Clerks also support the elections process and provide a variety of transactional services. The Clerk’s duties are established and regulated through a combination of Illinois state statutes, local ordinances and charters, and other regulations.
You may contact the Wayne County Clerk’s office for questions about:
- Wayne County public records
- Wayne County vital records: birth certificates, marriage and death certificates
- Land, property, mortgage, and title deed records
- Marriage licenses, applications, and records
- Divorce records and applications
- Wayne County licenses, permits, and business registrations
- Voter registration, elections, and polls